Christmas (or fruity) Flapjack
- 6oz. block margarine
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 4 oz. soft brown or Demerara sugar
- large handful of orange-infused cranberries [ from large supermarkets ] and raisins
- 9 oz. mixed plain flour and porridge oats [ about half and half ]
- Melt margarine and syrup together on a low heat.
- Add sugar.
- Remove from heat and stir in flour and oats, then fruit.
- Put into a 7/8 inch square tin and cook for 20 mins in centre of the oven at gas 4, 180 C, 350 F.
- Take out and cool in tin for a few minutes. It will look under cooked but it won't be.
The recipe says best left for a day before eating. Not a chance in my house!
For a non - Christmas flapjack you can use dried fruit, dates or nuts.