1. Started digging out my leaf mould bin from the year before last as I need the space for this year's leaves. The top was still dry leaves so they went into last year's bin to break down for a year longer but underneath was much better. It was not completely broken down as I did not shred them. Some leaves break down in a couple of years but oak takes a bit longer and sycamore takes ages if not shredded. I should have spread them out on the grass and mowed them up, shredding them and mixing in a bit of grass - it all helps.
However, the leaves are mostly composted so I dug them in under the patch I will grow my sweet corn etc. next year. I shall be sowing a green manure on this as well, probably italian ryegrass. (I made good use of my 'Backsaver' spade so it was very easy digging! I can recommend this [unfortunately very expensive] tool for anyone struggling to dig because they have a back problem. 'Google' 'Backsaver' or leave a message on the contact page if you want more info.)
2. Enlarged the netting on my late crop of peas. (A bit optimistic but what the heck!) They had grown up the climbing net and reached the top so I had to raise the netting to give it room!
Of course, I had some courgettes to harvest, and some chard, and, somewhat surprisingly, 10 cucumbers! - and the wife has already bought one from Lidl!