An on-site committee meeting to discuss the replacement of the cafe building meant there was little time on the plot.
First I had to repair the videotape array across my green manure patch after the gales. However, it seems to be doing its job as there's no sign of birds feeding.
Then I thinned out the rest of the row of spinach beet, taking home the thinnings for dinner.
I finished by clearing the rest of the weeds on the old squash patch. The horse litter mulch had kept the weeds to a minimum but the dandelions and dock seemed to have managed to get a foot (or root) hold. I had to fork up the roots to get them out.
After I had scraped all the waste into a heap I managed to pile it onto the compost bin and cover it with a layer of my neighbour's grass cuttings, followed by a sprinkling of compost activator.
My path was then such a mess before going home I had to scrape it clean with the shovel and then sweep it!
Then home early in time to go and listen to my wife playing her cornet in her band concert.