At lunchtime I got called down to the site at short notice to direct the tractor doing work for your Association (RHAA). However for part of the time the tractor driver was quite up to getting on with the job without me watching him so I went on to my plot.
I needed a quick job so started on clearing the runner bean vines and storing the canes away in the dry. The dried vines made a big bundle to be got rid of.
Then I removed and stored the netting protecting the gooseberries and started pruning even though I couldn't remember the exact amount I needed to cut the branches back. In the end I cut most back by a half after removing anything that was growing in the wrong way.
I only managed one bush before the tractor driver returned having finished grading the tracks but at least one bush is the desired goblet shape!