I came prepared with a short list of three jobs so I am ready to glaze my greenhouse when the clips I've ordered arrive.
First I sowed a row of peas. I had to scrape aside the horse litter before cultivating the soil so I could dig out the drill.
As normal I scattered two packets of (cheap InExcess) seed in the 6" wide trench which leaves plenty of seedlings after the mice have had their fill! I might scatter a few drops of paraffin over the soil to deter the mice as well.
(The peas I sowed in a gutter at home have performed poorly. 16 plants have emerged from over 100 seeds sown!)
Then I set about emptying the middle compost bin. I decided to use the compost under my courgettes. To do so I had to dig out 2 ft. squares where I want to grow them and double dig the compost into the bottom of the hole then backfill.
I now have three mounds ready for when the plants can be put out - after any danger of frost.
Finally I set up the frame that will support the canes for my beans. Simplifying the setup meant I had some sawing to do before I could screw it together.
I cut some Spinach Beet leaves for dinner and went home pleased that I have completed what I set out to do but annoyed that on checking the diagram showing plot layout and the rotation of crops I have in the shed, I have swapped the potato patch and Miscellaneous patch over - and they are not even adjacent to each other! I will have to think about the ramifications for the rotation in future years.