After a busy session on the working party there was only a little time left for working on the plot.
I started by emptying the bag of grass cuttings onto the compost bin after forking some of the weeds collected on my last visit onto the heap. Without gloves I couldn't scatter compost activator on the heap but that can be done next time.
I then saw that there were a few broccoli heads on the plants. When I went to cut them I found lots more hiding lower down the plant and harvested a good crop. I need the space for winter breakfast but will leave them in case some more heads emerge.
I then cleared the rest of the row of radishes, throwing away those most attacked by slugs leaving just a handful to eat. There were quite a few weeds to remove as well.
I cut two of the largest marrow and a couple of vegetable spaghetti squash where the vine had died back. I think they need to be yellow to be ripe and these are moving that way. I shall store them in the greenhouse or garage to get them to fully ripen.
Unfortunately, I left the marrow and squashes behind when I went home for a late lunch so had to come back in the afternoon to collect them. However, that gave me a chance to check the green manure patch where I noticed that the surface was pock marked where birds are burrowing for the seed. I moved both my windmills onto the patch.