I spent most of the day finishing off painting the beach hut so only got to the plot around 5 o'clock. After emptying my kitchen waste bin onto the compost bin and covering it with grass cuttings from my lawn to stop the smell affecting my neighbours, I picked some raspberries. The quantity and quality are declining but there was still enough for a pudding.
Then I harvested mangetout/sugar snap peas before moving on to the remaining dwarf French beans. There was also a couple of nice fat fennel and a few yellow courgettes. The green courgettes had a couple of small ones developing but have been a real disappointment this year.
I then pulled up a cabbage that should have matured in late spring but did not heart up until August and had become very large. There was a large amount of waste but the heart was still huge!
Finally I started forward progress on the work needing to be done. In the little daylight left I began rescuing my strawberries that had disappeared under a carpet of weeds. I was surprised how healthy the plants were beneath the carpet of green.
Before I left I pulled the front off the central compost bin to expose some lovely dark compost ready to spread next time I come down.