I've had password problems courtesy of Microsoft and it took several days, and much frustration, to sort it out - so this posting has to be a catch up for the last 10 days or so.
During this time I have managed to get down to the plot quite a few times so there is much to report.
I have finally emptied the middle bin of mature compost and spread the lovely crumbly mixture over where I plan to plant my garlic, shallots and Autumn onions.
I have fixed the front on the empty middle compost bin with battens to make it stronger than before. (I don't want my compost spilling out all over the road next time.) Removing the front to the left hand bin I have already dug out half the semi-mature compost and shovelled it over into the middle bin. It was a bit easier than I thought it would be and took very little time.
I have also fixed the square netting onto the side of the brassicas tunnel and cut the butterfly netting so I can roll it up on the inside and stake the roll up on the middle batten.
Checking my traps after a couple of days I found that one had caught a rat - the first ever. I left the body on the path and forgot it. When I came back a day or so later it had disappeared, food for some animal! The open packet of poison left inside the shed had completely disappeared as well so some animal has taken the bait.
The last off my compost I spread over the strawberry bed, ensuring the plants were not covered. It looked pretty smart when I had finished though the thistles still had to be dealt with.