I spread the last of the compost to the parts of the plot that will benefit most. A barrow-load in the runner bean trench, a barrow-load shared between two spots where I plan to plant some fruit trees, and the rest in the bed for legumes. I love my fresh peas but our sandy soil is not the best for legumes so I have given it a boost with a bit of extra humus.
I then got stuck into dealing with the bulging, but collapsing, old shed. It is surprising what I discovered buried under bags of plastic bottles of all shapes and sizes, hose pipes, and old plastic greenhouse covers! I remember that when moving plots, and before the shed was erected, I had loads of bits and pieces that had to be stored somewhere - and the old shed was all I had!
Under a load of rubbish I found a large bottle of Roundup weedkiller and various other sprays including a litre of soap solution. I also found my large dibber that I could have done with last year when planting leeks. There was also the handle of a spade/fork without the head that I plan to turn into a very large dibber so I will not have to bend over to plant my leeks this year!
Mind you, the things I have rescued have filled the proper shed - so I cannot get into it at all now!
Under all the 'tush' I found the Journeyman's Chest that used to belong to a great (x3)-uncle who family tales suggest worked on an estate under Capability Brown. I wish I had inherited some skill with gardening!
The chest will be stored away at home until I can find a more suitable place for it.