Yesterday we got the main frame together and yesterday we managed to glaze most of the frame and partially bolt it down to stop it blowing away - just as the previous greenhouse frame did. That frame folded itself up into a tangle of bent aluminium that was unusable, which is a pity as we had planned to offer it for anyone wanting a greenhouse on their plot!
The new one is better as it is glazed with plastic and therefore safer for those less able to get about and who may lose their balance and could break glass.
Mark and John fixing the glazing
The last three days have been spent erecting the new greenhouse for the Special Needs Plot by the gate with the help of John Lack and his friend Mark Merritt. It has been a labour of love. We have endured rain and hail and biting wind as well as tiny nuts and bolts that refuse to engage and screw up tight!
Today we sorted out the door and finished the roof. The structure is complete and fixed down but the floor inside needs screeding to make sure tenants can move around inside without tripping over.
To add your thoughts to any of my posts, click on the title and then go to the 'Reply' box that should appear at the bottom of the post.
Otherwise go to the 'Contact Us' page.
Hi! As "Webmaster" for this site I feel a bit of a fraud.