I arrived on site at midday as I had been asked to supervise the delivery of the Council's order of roadstone. The wind was rather fresh so I was waiting in the car by the gate wondering when he would arrive when a plotholder came to say he had heard noises from inside the Trading Hut containers and was worried someone could be trapped. Needless to say I went and unlocked to find stored furniture had fallen over. Tidying up required taking the new mower out so I decided to do some mowing while I waited. Sod's Law came into effect as the truck turned up as I was about to start the engine.
After some manoeuvring to avoid a low branch beyond the Trading Hut he was able to leave a pile of roadstone by the cabin and one at the far corner of the site.
Once he had gone I spent a little time using the new lawnmower to tidy the front area of the site before locking up and finally going onto the plot.
First I took my cordless drill to unscrewing the the securing stakes holding the brassica tunnels down ready for then to be moved.
I removed the last of the leeks to clear space for sowing some new crops after I dig the cleared patch over.
I went on to dig out a few more parsnips, one large one and a couple of normal size. I then pulled up a load of immature brassica plants I had set out too late last autumn - lots of spring greens!
Lots of digging to do before sowing and planting new crops.