The first job I set about on arrival on the plot was to reinforce the compost bins. After the problems I had earlier this year 29th them splitting open I wanted to strengthen them. I screwed two battens down each side to hold the front on the left hand one so it matched the central one. Then, having noticed that the front of the central one had started to bulge, I screwed a bar across the front.
I then moved into the brassicas tunnel and picked a very scrappy cauliflower and a couple of cabbages that had not hearted that may give some 'spring greens' if the whitefly haven't spoiled them. I also cleared all the dead leaves and removed a large number of old leaves and threw them all into the compost bin. In the space in the middle of the tunnel I planted a row of 5 'Pixie' cabbages and a row of 5 'Durham Early' spring cabbages using a good dose of lime for each plant.
As it got dark I picked quite a crop of raspberries (they are still cropping!) and pulled three more French bean plants laden with beans before going home.