I then added a good layer of my compost into the trench before filling in it in with the soil heaped alongside. The climbing French Beans that are just emerging in the greenhouse now have a home to go to when they are fully ready.
That achieved I spent some time bracing the posts for my summer raspberries so I can add a taught top wire to tie them to. (It is these raspberries that have been causing me so much trouble in my potato patch.) No photo as I am not proud of the carpentry as I found cutting notches in posts very difficult! I just hope they stay in place.
I had the plastic glazing for my greenhouse in the car but once again it started raining so I just pulled up some leeks and cut some Perpetual Spinach and went home.