Following this photo I spent a good hour hoeing the whole tunnel and then raking out the top growth.
Once it was clear of weeds I filled in the holes that each cauliflower is planted in so they are better able to stand upright when winter storm strike. I then gave the row of cauliflowers due to 'flower' soon a dose of Sulphate of Potash to help them produce good 'heads'. After that I gave every plant a sprinkling of Calcified Seaweed to help them through the winter.
The weeds now crown my compost bin together with some of the grass cuttings etc. my neighbours have given me.
Before going home I harvested some Calabrese and Swiss Chard as well as some raspberries. I also took home the pumpkin that broke off the vine as I tried to adjust its position on drier ground. I am not sure how I can use it as it is not yet ripe.