I did very little gardening today. Instead I dismantled the now empty second stage (right hand) compost bin. It came apart fairly easily and the bottom edge of each panel was rotted through enough to make them unusable so I stacked them at the front of the plot ready for disposal. The woven landscape fabric covering the panels (to keep the contents, heat and moisture in and the wind out) had done a good job but the edges have shredded out and in future I will need to 'hem' them.
I carefully unscrewed the side panel of the centre bin to straighten it up. I nearly lost it's shape as the compost inside pushed the panels apart but I managed to screw it back together with the side panel vertical and in line!
That done I harvested a Mooli radish, some Swiss Chard and a handful of pea pods from the remaining pea plants.
I then gathered the rubbish that I had collected at the front of the plot into bags and took it down to the tip on the way home.