We will be transferring the hosting to another organisation.
On Monday I finally got down to my plot and started work on the base for my greenhouse, digging over the ground.
I also planted another row of potatoes, Kestrel, and this time remembered to bury some slug pellets with them to try to deal with the keel slugs. It is quite labour intensive as I have to scrape the horse litter mulch aside before planting.
I finished cutting the green manure (Italian Ryegrass) and hope to dig the patch before it grows again!
Finally, with great effort, I sawed through most of the stakes on the brassica net tunnel ready to move it to next year's brassica bed. I left a few to hold it in case there is a late gale and when it moves I shall screw it to new (dahlia) stakes bought in from the Trading Hut. Thanks to my neighbour for suggesting this way of doing it. I was going to dismantle it, pulling the stakes out of the ground, and reassemble it on the new bed. That would have been a great hassle! Now I shall just have to dig out the stumps!
I did get quite a harvest. Having given my huge cauliflower (4lb 2oz!) to the relatives visiting over Easter to share, (it was far too big for my wife and I to eat) I was pleased to see another had mature and was ready and a sensible size. There was lots of purple sprouting, plus some brussels and leeks. I pulled up some of the broccoli plants that were going over and offered them to my neighbour with chickens. I think they will enjoy them! - And I will have space to sow some roots!
Not sure when I shall get back down as I have alot of work to do at home, remodelling the lounge and painting the new wall in the garden!