The patch is 4 feet wide and nearly 4 metres long so it took 4 gravel boards from In-Excess and an arris rail to make pegs to hold it in place. I like using arris rail as the triangular cross-section means there are no corners for slugs and snails to hide in. A photo of the pegs would have made it obvious how so I'd better take some next time!Here's the finished frame.
I hope they last long enough to make the £20 spent worth while!
I then fetched a barrow-load of neat horse manure from the heap just inside the gate. I was going to put it on the vacant part of the strawberry patch but I realised that it would be too strong for the plants I plan to put in in the spring so it went into the compost heap. I shall dig in some of my home-made compost before planting the new plants.
I plan some early strawberries and some perpetual strawberries to go with them. I hope to extend the season from my Elsanta plants and some donated to me last year by a neighbour. I finished just as the sky turned pink with the sunset and returned home feeling good about another job well done!
Now to repeat the process for the asparagus on the other side of the plot.