Thinking it must be very mature by now I nipped down to the plot to cut it. When I got to the cage I was very surprised to find the wind had blown open the doorway to one cage completely but was pleased that the pigeons had not found the way in!
Then when I looked the re were three fully developed heads so I cut all three.
One head was in rather a bad state as it had been attacked by caterpillars or slugs but I thought we might get something from it.
At home we decided to try the bedraggled one straight away and found that there was a lot of detritus in the stalks but everything just washed off and it was all usable and tasted lovely.