My first task was to finish fixing the top wire for the raspberries and tying them up. I got lots of scratches on my arms even drawing blood before I thought to roll down my sleeves. I still have one more string to tie in the shorter stems.
I started gathering the onions. Many had gone to seed, especially the red onions. The spring planted sets have done much better than the autumn ones though the shallots have done well whenever they were planted. One row of autumn onions seemed to have disappeared but I cleared the whole patch of larger weeds ready for digging it over.
While lifting onions I also pulled a couple of beetroot, a few carrots and some turnips. I finished by picking over the runner beans. It is surprising how many huge beans had escaped my last picking but I picked a large bag full.