The grass from a neighbour's first cut of the year was waiting for collection on my way to the plot and was added to the compost bin.
Knowing that my potatoes were chitting nicely at home I wanted to be sure the soil was warm enough for an early planting of the first earlies. I found some landscape fabric in the shed and rolled it out in the brassica tunnel ready for when I move it to its new position. Then I added the tunnel cloche!
I also covered the patch where want to sow my parsnips using some landscape fabric and some pop-up cloches lent to me by a neighbour.
When it was time to go home I checked my cauliflowers to find one small one had already been covered with fungal growth so I pulled it and shredded it into the compost heap. I was concerned that the three remaining heads might blow before I returned so I pulled the largest which was only about 5 inches across but big enough to make a meal for two.