Unfortunately it didn't quite work out as it took all morning to sort out a donation of slabs from Travis Perkins and sand and gravel from Wickes for the Special Needs greenhouse floor so I had my packed lunch at home watching the lunchtime news. Having got to the site I decided it was just right to sort out the pile of rubbish on an abandoned plot. Then I got onto my plot.
First I emptied the kitchen waste and grass cuttings and weeds from my garden into my compost bin. Our fine alluvial soil needs all the humus we can get to improve it!
I then set about laying the path in my glassless greenhouse. I only laid three 2' by 1' slabs hoping a one foot wide path will be wide enough.
Having no glass makes working inside easier as well as taking photos!
I then started digging in the green manure at the other end of the plot by my 'greenhouse'. I used my 'Backsaver' spade but I found cutting the edges of the spit laborious with such a heavy tool so I used my normal spade to slice strips in the un-dug patch.
When I finished I ran the cultivator over the patch to break up the lumps before they dried hard.
No harvesting as we already have plenty at home. I cleaned up and went home tired but pressed at a good day's work.