My normal Wednesday morning ramble didn't happen today so I came down to the site to do some work installing a gas locker for the new Association cabin. That task done I went onto the plot for a short session.
The soil had dried out enough to make it worthwhile hoeing the shallot bed again to remove the weeds that had survived the previous work with the hoe because it had been so wet. I then moved on to the asparagus bed and cleared that of weeds before the asparagus shoots appear.
Getting my cultivator out I produced a fine tilth next to the shallots and sowed half a row of beetroot and wedged a pair of boards into a tent over the row to shade it from the sun so it stays moist.
After that I saw that the purple sprouting was ready so I picked several lovely quite large heads before going home.