Having remembered to bring down my new strawberry plants I set about finishing cutting the crosses at the planting stations in the landscape fabric. Previously I had forgotten to put down slugbait under the fabric so had to reach through the crossed opening and spread some round before I planted each strawberry plant. All a bit tedious and difficult to control how much slugbait was scattered and how far under the fabric. All in all I planted 3 more perpetual strawberries, 'Alpine Red & White' (I had grown from seed) and 10 'Strawberries & Cream' (a free offer from a gardening magazine). There were 2 spare planting spots at the end which I think I can fill with the variety 'Hapil' from the old bed.
There was a cold breeze and the rain started so I quickly harvested some Purple Sprouting Broccoli and some "Autumn" broccoli before retiring to the shed and replacing the rat bait that had been consumed despite it being in the range of the electronic rodent scarer in the far corner that ticks and flashes away whenever I go in there. Having used up the packets of pelleted bait I fixed a block to the wood base of the bait station with a screw through the hole in the middle.