I then moved the cloche over from the few struggling autumn sown pea plants to protect the newly planted broad beans I had bought cheap in Lidl. Those I sowed a little while ago have just started showing through the compost at last.
Cutting down the Phacelia green manure with my bill hook resulted in a heap of green stuff which I couldn't spread over the patch to rot down.
I therefore scooped it up and put it in the compost heap and spread a thin layer of compost from my bin of ready to use compost ready for this year's crops.
Looking at the leaf bin I realised there was room for more so I emptied another bag into it, covering it with its carpet cover to limit leaves being blown away. At the same time i emptied the kitchen waste bin into the compost bin burying the waste on under the green manure.
Harvesting consisted of some immature cabbage plants that were beginning to run to seed as spring greens. I also dug out a couple of parsnips.
On Sunday I spent a while with a couple of willing helpers filling some of the potholes we missed on the Working Party. Once we had used the last of the scalpings I returned to the plot having just enough time to harvest some Brussel Sprouts and a good crop of Purple Sprouting.