After an Association committee meeting on-site to discuss several issues about the new cabin, I got on to the plot rather late. I had three tasks I wanted to get done so set about the first one of removing the huge pile of prunings from the blueberries and blackberry. I managed to squeeze them into a large builders bag being very careful with the thorns on the gooseberry twigs. As I finished I realised I had missed a couple of gooseberry bushes and they had started into growth so I spent a while pruning them so I could take all the prunings to the tip in one go.
I then started the process of deploying the anti-mole bulbs I bought that arrived in the post yesterday. Following the instructions I planted three bulbs on a line across across the entrance, one by the path and one by each side boundary. They were only small bulbs but had to be planted 2-3 inches deep. I now need to wait a week before planting 3 more bulbs 6 or 7 metres further up the plot. I then finish by planting a further up the plot at 4 day intervals. The moles are supposed to be repelled by the slight smell given off by the bulbs so move away off my plot. My apologies to my neighbours!
I then decided to leave weeding another row of onions in favour of getting the first of my Arran Pilot potatoes planted before the shoots got too long. I planted a row of 11 tubers leaving a couple which I plan to plant in pots at home.
The Brussel Sprouts are still cropping but I've managed to dig over part of the patch so I can plant the Early Potatoes.