There was lots of discussion with lots of other plotholder including one who had a letter from the council who wanted advice on what to do next.
When I got onto the plot I went into the brassica tunnel to plant potatoes: the tunnel will be moved to the bed next to where it is now. I planted two rows, one of Sarpo Mira and one of King Edward. The latter is very susceptible to blight but the wife likes that variety so I plan to protect the row with Sarpo Mira on each side and see if that works. Both rows had a sprinkling of slug bait in the trench together with some 10:10:10 potato fertiliser before being covered over.
I then pulled up several immature cauliflower plants to eat as Spring Greens, clearing the ground for the next rows of potatoes. A couple had miniature caulis in the centre but far too small to eat. The patch will have to be prepared for the second row of Sarpo Mira and a row of Cara which I bought as a last minute purchase from the Trading Hut when they were marked down.