On arrival refreshed at the plot, I emptied the dustbins of kitchen and garden waste onto the compost heap and then set about planting out my summer cabbages. As I expect to harvest these early I set the row down the middle of the tunnel. Again I alternated the 'Greyhound' cabbages with the Red cabbages as the former will come out as the red cabbages grow on to maturity. A row containing 5 of each just fits in the length of the tunnel.
I then spaced out the cauliflowers planted on my last visit as I had planted them too close together. By lifting out the second and fourth of five plants and replanting them a foot to the side they become about 18 inches apart. The other three could be left undisturbed.
Having discovered that I had left the netting off the strawberries I expected to find they had been decimated. However, I found just 3 ripe berries had been pulled from their stalks and left intact on the ground by the birds and there was no further damage.
Checking the broad beans I found there were many mature beans that I had missed so I picked a decent size bagful to take home.