After replenishing my stock of compost and lime at the Trading Hut and chatting quite a bit I went on to the plot with limited time.
I decided that I would be best just doing one task. I sorted out my thickest gloves and put them on over another thin set so I could work with the thorny branches of my gooseberries.
The bushes had got very congested because I had left them alone having transplanted them recently. I selected several outward pointing branches and cut out all those hanging down onto the ground aiming for a goblet shape. I then trimmed about a third off each twig ensuring all crossing twigs were sorted.
I finished with much tidier bushes and a great heap of thorny twigs that need dealing with, once I sort out how to carry them down to the tip.