Following a rather disappointing turnout at the Working Party but with much achieved, I popped onto the plot afterwards. Having collected the thumper from the Trading Hut I thumped in 3 posts into the trench for my runner beans. I also put in a couple of fence posts.
Before the Working Party I had emptied two dustbin loads of grass cuttings from a neighbour so I collected the empty bins and before going home for lunch I filled a watering can and watered all my rows of seeds.
Later, after tea, I returned with my trailer full of more bags of garden waste and added their contents to the compost bin layering it with leaves to stop it getting too wet and smelly.
While on the plot I collected the sprouting heads of my tiny curly kale plants which we had with our evening meal. Sometimes the best surprises come from impending disasters. In fact I have all sorts of brassicas coming into flower and, if I pick them at the right time they are as good as Purple Sprouting and other broccoli, if slightly different. I am looking forward to sprouting Brussel Sprouts of which I have plenty!