It was warm! And I had to put in the posts for my runner bean frame!
I arrived with my trailer full of bags of garden waste from a neighbour that had stuck to the waterproofing paint on the bottom of the posts.
Having dropped off at the Trading Hut to get some compost, some pots, and the thumper I set the posts in position having separated them from the bags. By the time I had thumped the posts in I was very hot and I needed a break so returned the thumper and went for coffee and cake at the cabin.
Refreshed, I went back to the plot and screwed the rail in position and set the canes in position with the runner bean shoots wound round them. Finally I wrapped some one foot high wire netting round the row to keep the red legged partridge from pecking out the growing points, something that has happened to me in the past.
I removed some weeds growing alongside the path and around the plum tree only to find multiple suckers growing from the base of the tree, which I removed. I then gave the ground inside one of the Brassica tunnels a quick hoeing and watered the seedlings.
By then it was too hot to work so I cut some asparagus spears and went home with them and some Pak Choi a neighbour had given me.