My normal Sunday morning visit, as normal, involved meeting quite a few people to sort out various issues. It was good to see that the greenhouse frame I have given to another plotholder standing complete on his plot. With its rounded eaves it is ideal for his plan to use it to make a net cage for his cabbages. It is also good to get it out of my garden where it has been lying around in pieces and cluttering things up for several years.
Eventually I got onto the plot where I started digging out the leafmould and wheelbarrowing it onto my potato patch. There was enough to put 8 barrowloads on each 12 square metre patch, not as much as I would like but enough to make a difference to the peas and beans I will be growing there next year.
Having taken a rather long coffee break at the cafe chatting too much, there was no time to spread the leafmould and I only had time to cut a few courgettes which I gave to the family struggling to clear the plot they have just taken on opposite. They need a bit of encouragement as they have a daunting task!