I started by removing the overgrown Brussel Sprout plants that had reached 6ft high despite producing only one meal's worth of sprouts last November. They took some digging out so it was not because they had not grown well but 4 of the 5 plants just produced clusters of leaves or 'blown' sprouts. They went on to produce masses of top growth that went into the compost bin leaving just the stalks to take to the tip.
Then I dug out the great clumps of grass and weeds that almost blocked the path onto my plot. That made the plot look much tidier, though there is still alot of weed growth at the far end.
I then began clearing the various piles of weeds I had collected over the last few visits and dumping them into the compost bin, which became almost full - though it will sink down as everything compacts down.
I finished by scraping and sweeping all the muck off the path just so I could look at the overall effect and feel I had achieved something.