While it was a bit warm it was forecast to get even warmer so I decided to do some rotovating for a new tenant this afternoon. The breeze was quite fresh so it was not too bad wrestling the machine round as it broke up the soil. They had killed off all the grass and weeds so it was able to do quite a good job. However it took a long time to clean up the machine afterwards as there was a large amount of baling twine wrapped round the rotor.
Having done that I went to my plot. I decided to give up on the old seed I sowed a couple of weeks ago. While there are spinach seedlings and half the carrots have germinated, there is no sign of the beetroots, turnips or half my carrots.
I used my three pronged cultivator to break up the soil in the groove and made a new drill, 1/2 inch deep for the carrots and an inch deep for the beetroot. I then sowed the second half of the row of Spinach as it is over a fortnight since the last sowing.
There is no sign of my parsnips either so I had better sow some more quickly or there will be no parsnips next winter as they need a long growing season.
While I was finishing off the tenants for whom I had done the rotovating arrived to thank me. It made me feel it is all worthwhile!