I arrived on site after going round my neighbours collecting bags of leaves. Two full builder's bags in my trailer and three plastic bags of leaves in the back of the car.
I had hoped to construct a temporary leaf bin or enclosure with bits of carpet but none of them were the right shape and size. So I just stacked the bags behind the bin, covering each with a square of carpet weighted down with brick to stop the wind blowing the leaves away. If I can obtain more of these bags they make ideal storage without the fuss of building a bin. If I cannot find a source for more so I can return these two to my neighbour, I will have to squeeze the contents into the one bag I have at home.
I had intended fixing the 2 inch mesh to the side of the brassica tunnel but forgot to bring it from home. Having borrowed an identical roll of mesh from the Chairman, I then discovered I didn't have the tools to fix it so will have to do the job on another visit. I did, however, clear the blackberry plant out of the way and unwrapped the roll of mesh ready for the actual work.
The only job that I could do was to hoe the mat of weeds, mainly chickweed, from my leeks and roots bed. Having cut through the roots I then had to rake them into heaps by the path before finishing the job by hand weeding round the leeks. Weeds seem to know the best place to take root is right next to the crop! The bed looked much better when I had finished.