I was going to stay at home as rain was forecast all day - until I remembered that my shed really needed sorting out!
Last autumn I had emptied it and stored all the usable stuff in my greenhouse, filling it completely. That had enabled me to clear the rat debris out and put down poison. Despite me blocking all the holes with bricks, the poison continued to disappear even though there were no rat droppings visible. I thought the bait was attracting the vermin so stopped putting it down. Since then there has been no evidence of then returning.
Recently I had collected the stack of laminate flooring from the cafe debris and stored it in the shed, planning to lay it as an additional layer to block holes and resist further rat invasions. However the planks were very dirty and still had the nails that had held them down poking out.
I spent all morning sweeping the muck off each plank and easing the nails out before sorting them by size and stacking them.
Part way through I took a rest from the back bending work and fixed a batten on the door wall and some eyelets and rope slings to give somewhere to store the 8 foot canes that were blocking the way into my greenhouse. Most of the canes fit in perfectly in the roof above the window but some are just too long. I left them slanting in the space but plan to shorten them an inch or so until they fit.
At lunchtime I had all the canes stored away and a stack of clean flooring planks ready to start laying them at the next opportunity. Feeling pleased with myself I left the site in the continuing rain, the only idiot still there!