I spent most of the day on the plot today trying to catch up. I started by digging up a row of Sarpo Mira potatoes. There were none of the huge tubers that I had last year but there was still quite a good crop, though there was signs of slug damage. I left them on the soil to dry out while I did other work on the plot.
I then took some time with the hoe cutting through the weeds that had shot up on the patch at the back of the plot. I had pulled up the taller, deeper rooted weeds first so it was the chickweed and groundsel that mainly carpeted the patch. However, the weeds made a huge heap on the path when I had raked them clear - too much for the compost heap for now. I also cleared the ground from under the Blueberry bushes in the next bed as they were getting covered in weeds.
Checking over the marrows and squashes I collected two large marrows and several courgette size ones. The courgettes have almost finished, there are no green ones and a just a few yellow courgettes swelling nicely. I also picked a vegetable spaghetti squash but then spiked one that was next to the path while forking weeds into a heap so took home two!
Finally I picked a good crop of raspberries and blackberries before collecting the potatoes and going home for dinner.