So I decided to use the lawn mowings collected from one of my neighbours on my still-to-be-dug runner bean trench. Before that, though, I needed to remove the weeds and manure so I was clear to dig.
Unfortunately I had left the weeds to get established so I needed a fork to loosen their roots first. It was a long tedious job and there was a huge amount for the compost bin!
Digging the trench took me only a few minutes once I had cleared the patch and the manure I had moved aside was forked into the bottom. On top I spread the grass cuttings but left it open to subside a little before returning the soil.
I then moved on to hand weeding the asparagus bed.
Before leaving I watered the seeds sown a few days ago and the tomatoes newly planted in the greenhouse.