I have not posted anything in the blog for more than a week because I have spent the whole time fitting the polycarbonate sheeting into my greenhouse frame. I have laid down some rat poison at each visit but otherwise done nothing except cut poly-carbonate sheets and wrestle with glazing clips.
While the side panels went in reasonably easily and square, the roof proved to be well out of true. I remembered that in the gales last year the frame had been blown across the plot and up against the shed. On closer examination I could see where the gable end had taken a knock and was askew so each panel had to be trimmed top and bottom in order to fit. Thank goodness I used plastic; I could never have trimmed glass sheets to fit!
Yesterday I took time out to rotavate the plot of a new tenant. (The committee, by way of encouragement, now offers to rotavate any new tenant's plot when they have cleared the weeds and loosened the soil.) The plot had been cleared and dug over so the machine worked well, though my muscles are a bit sore from the unaccustomed exercise! However after Friday's rain the machine got covered in wet soil and took longer to clean than the job itself!