Eventually I got to my plot and started clearing the ground inside my greenhouse frame ready to lay a path before I realised I had forgotten my spirit level to help lay the slabs evenly. I will have to finish the job next time.
Then I dug the trench in preparation for digging in my green manure. Being next to the fence line I found some bindweed roots, hence the bucket to drown the roots before composting.
Afterwards I dug out the trenches ready for my Runner and climbing French Beans. The one I have used for a couple of years was full of rich dark soil whereas the new one on the other side has lighter sandy soil. It is impressive what a change occurs when you dig in some compost/leaf mould each year.
I didn't harvest anything today as we are still eating previous crops but a cauliflower looks ready to burst in the next week or so. Unfortunately as I left I noticed that the Chard is being decimated by the pigeons so I will have to cover it on my next visit.