Apologies to those of you who came here and found a blank entry! Technical issues with the website!
Here is what should have been here for you to read.
The contents of the trailer just covered one 3 metre square bed on my plot. Very convenient!
I spent too much time chatting to various other tenants so only had time to do a couple of jobs.
I had grown on some Broad Bean plants (Aqua Dulce) at home in toilet roll tubes and they were big enough to plant out now that the recent chilly spell had finished. Once again I used my bulb planter to produce a nice hole to drop the tube and seedling into, just using a trowel to ease the soil around the tube before firming in. I make sure the cardboard is well buried as I've read that it can act as a wick allowing the moisture to be drawn up and evaporate. Then, after a light scattering of slug bait, I erected a net tunnel over the row to protect the plants from strong winds - and the birds.
I also managed to hoe and rake off most of another bed, ready for covering with horse litter. I do have most of a packet of Vetches (Green Manure) seed but there is no sign of it coming through amongst my Ryegrass where I sowed it a few weeks ago so it is probably too late in the year for it to germinate. Perhaps the rest of the packet will survive until next year, - if I keep it dry!
The chatting was not completely pointless as I now know what I need to do to my grapevine at home in the way of pruning. In return for the advice I will tow away to the tip the old decrepit trailer Dudley found at the back of the vineyard, together with any bulky rubbish he can fit into it.