Everything is held up at the moment as I have no more space in the compost bins, even though I have an extension on the current one! It is therefore essential I finish off reconstructing the centre one and then dig the right hand one over into it.
I spent the whole morning levering planks off one side of pallets and then nailing them in the gaps on the other side. I was due to help with painting the Trading Hut in the afternoon but was so late going home for lunch that, by the time I returned, the squad of hardworking committee had done all the preparation and gone home.
That left me free to staple ground cover material on each of the four panels. It took quite a while as I was very careful to double over the raw edges as previously the material has shredded out. I left the bin with the panels in position but not screwed together.
It was a great feeling having everything looking so neat and tidy with the new layout. That left enough space for more onions and shallots to be planted in spring to cater for problems over the winter.
Finally I pulled up the last row of dwarf French beans harvesting any beans. The old haulms will make a good base for the new compost bin when I finish it.